The Founding of LPNThe Labour Rights Promotion Network (LPN) was formed with the intention of resolving issuesof labour discrimination and inequality, focusing specifically on Samut Sakhon province, whichis a central base for migrant labourers in Thailand. On 24 December 2004, LPN was officiallyregistered as a foundation. This official classification helped LPN generate more support,enabling the organisation to expand its capacity to assist victims of human trafficking andbetter monitor the labour rights situation in Samut Sakhon.
1. Targeting field research and operations towards the issues being faced by migrant workers, public infrastructure conflicts and improving policy
2. Providing advice to workers on any matter for which they require assistance
3. Increasing the number of state, private and local organizations involved in supporting migrant workers
4. Advocating on behalf of migrants to ensure basic rights including labour rights, the right to an education and access to social services
5. Facilitating the education and cooperation of laborer's to improve their self-reliance Areas of Focus• Access to basic human rights• Education• Health• Child protection• Worker’s rights• Prevention of child labour• Prevention of human trafficking• Reproductive health